Have you tried the pension tracing feature?

Hi all,

We recently launched our pension tracing service. We’d love to know if you’ve tried it, and if so, whether it helped you track down old or lost pensions.

We’re planning to make improvements to this part of the service soon, so any and all feedback is appreciated.

I tried it but neither of the companies with whom I’ve had a workplace pension with were discoverable using it, sadly!

However, thanks to your very helpful support team, I tracked them down and have started the transfer process, which I’m hoping will be smooth!

Thanks for letting us know, Tom. When you say they weren’t discoverable, do you mean they didn’t appear at all when you searched for them?

In any case, glad the customer support team could help with tracking them down!

Yeah the companies just didn’t appear when searching, despite them being in companies house, and one of them at least still being an active company! Small companies (<50 employees) though, so maybe that had something to do with it?

That’s really odd. Could you DM me the name of the companies and I can see what’s gone wrong?

It may be that the ‘fuzzy’ matching we’ve built into the search is either too strong or too weak, but I’m keen to take a look and get it sorted.